Tankless Water Heater Installation
Tankless water heaters are an excellent addition to any home.
Benefits of a Tankless Water Heater
- Space saver – A tankless water heater is a small unit that mounts to the wall and is about 1/3 of the size of traditional water heaters
- Energy efficient – traditional water heaters run intermittently to keep 40-50 gallons of water hot continuously so when you turn on the water hot water comes out. Tankless water heaters only heat the water when the faucet is turned on using only 30-50% energy of regular hot water heaters. That saves hundreds of dollars a year in natural gas and can pay for the unit itself after a couple years of use.
- Hot water lasts longer – in a busy household a traditional water heater can run out of hot water quickly and you have to wait until it heats more water before additional uses. Most tankless water heaters will stay warm for many more gallons of use
- Long Life – Tankless water heaters last on average up to 20 years while regular water heaters last between 10-13 years.
Any new Water Heater Installation
Yearly Check for Service Members
Cost of Tankless Water Heater Installation
The initial cost and installation of a tankless water heater is considerably higher than a traditional hot water heater. Tankless water heaters cost about $3,500 installed compared to regular hot water heaters at $1,500. As mentioned above tankless water heaters cost 30-50% less yearly to run than a regular water heater so the unit will pay for itself quickly. Additionally, a tankless lasts nearly 2/3 longer than a regular water heater.
It is important to note that a consumer should be wary of anyone charging less than the above mentioned cost to install a tankless system. While this system is very efficient it has different qualifications than regular water heaters. The common handyman should not be performing this type of installation. Tankless water heaters require specific ventilation and gas connections. For the safety and peace of mind for your home make your investment count.
Tankless Water Heater Repairs
Get tankless water heater repairs quickly and with no after hours fees from 888 Heating. As with any
other piece of equipment repairs can be needed for tankless systems especially if it was not properly installed. Some of the common water heater repairs are:
- Corrosion – Corrosion and mineral build up can affect the efficiency of a tankless water heater due to hard water. Tankless water heaters are less susceptible to corrosion than regular hot water heaters but it can happen.
- Demand overload – Computer shut down is often caused from an overload of demand all at once. This can happen when the water heater is getting a request from several sources at once and the gas flow cannot keep up especially due to improper installation.
- Combustion shutdown – Tankless water heaters have an automatic safety shutdown if the unit gets overheated. This problem is also commonly caused by improper installation.
Schedule Online Now
FREE Estimates on New Furnace, Air Conditioner, and Air Purification Systems. 10 year Parts and Labor Warranty